West Florida Real Estate Investors Association was established to create an environment where real estate investors have access to high quality education, the resources to succeed in their businesses and a network of like-minded people willing to share their knowledge and assist one another.
Our mission is to raise the level of professionalism in real estate investing and to provide an active voice for investors in local, state and national legislative policy.
West Florida REIA is committed to establishing a community of educated, informed and responsible investors to serve the housing needs of the area.
West Florida REIA Code of Ethics
Membership of the association requires agreement to observe and be bound by the following Code of Ethics:
1. Members will seek to provide value, so that people may know and enjoy the benefits of homeownership or rental living.
2. Members will keep themselves informed of local, state, and federal laws and other compliance matters affecting housing in their community.
3. Members will not misrepresent any material facts in their business dealings, and will not cheat, take advantage of, or malign other members, property owners or residents.
4. Members will not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
5. Members will act as a positive role model for the professions of real estate investing and housing providers when dealing with buyers, sellers, tenants, the public, the media, government officials and others.
6. Members will comply both in spirit and letter, with rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety, and progress of the community.
7. Members will conduct their business practices between other members with integrity and shall not conduct any business transaction which would tend to bring disrepute to the Member’s business, the business of another member, to any part of the housing provider industry, or to the Association.
8. Members acknowledge that the policy of the Association is to support and foster Fair Housing. Members understand that it is illegal to advertise or in any way to discriminate in the rental of a dwelling to a person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. All members pledge to uphold all Fair Housing Laws.